Author, public speaker, and coach for managers and leaders across the tech industry.
Designing for Performance
The above slides and links are from my presentation about how to design for page load time, including optimizations to images, fonts, and markup, as well as responsive web design.
Buy Designing for Performance, the book! Or watch a video of this presentation.
Designing for Performance (the book)
- Google, Amazon case studies
- HTTP Archive's "Interesting Stats" average breakdown of assets
- Reducing image sizes (blurring JPEG study)
- Semantics/repurposability clean up study
- Battery life consumption study
- Mobile-only internet usage
- Taming the Mobile Beast
- Seth Walker's A Public Commitment to Performance
- Brad Frost's Performance as Design